We don’t eat a ton of fish at our house normally, but after I found this recipe for avocado lime salmon, I think we will be eating it a lot more! Salmon is full of omega-3’s which are very anti-inflammatory for your body. Also, between the salmon and the avocado, this dish is full of healthy fat and protein. Cilantro is a star for helping your body detox, as well as giving you a serving of vitamin K and calcium. The avocado salsa on top of the salmon makes the dish and would also go amazingly well with other recipes you make. This avocado lime salmon is a recipe that tastes great and makes you feel good!
Avocado Lime Salmon
- 1 wild caught salmon filet 1 to 1½ pounds
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp avocado or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp paprika
- himalayan pink salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1½ avocados, chopped
- 3 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 4½ tsp avocado or extra-virgin olive oil
- Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the salmon on the baking sheet, skin side down, if using skin-on. Season the salmon with the garlic, oil, salt, pepper, and paprika. Rub the fish on all sides to evenly distribute the seasonings.
- Bake until soft and flaky, about 12-15 minutes, depending on the size of your filet.
- While the salmon bakes, make the avocado salsa. In a small bowl, mix together the avocado, red onion, cilantro, oil, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Don't overmix or you'll break down the avocado too much.
- Let the salmon rest for 5 minutes before serving topped with the salsa.
This recipe is adapted from The Goodful Cookbook