When it’s hot outside, the last thing I want for dinner is a hot, hearty meal! This creamy pasta salad is the perfect dinner solution for the hot days of summer–it’s light, cool and refreshing. I love that this dish is full of veggies, often ones I can pick from my garden. This recipe is also a good base, so you can switch out the veggies for whatever ones you have on hand or feel like using at the time.
I make this pasta salad vegetarian, but you could easily add another protein of your choice if you want to bulk it up. It works great to make this dish early in the day while the house is still cool and then just pull it out of the fridge at dinner time!
Creamy Summer Pasta Salad
- 8 oz Chickpea pasta
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce or spinach
- 1/2 cup avocado or olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- juice from 1/2 of a lime
- 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
- black pepper to taste
- Cook the chickpea pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water, then place in fridge to cool.
- While pasta cools, mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add cooled pasta to a large bowl, then add lettuce, tomato, avocado and red onion. Pour dressing on and mix well to combine. Serve right away, or store in the fridge to eat later.