Most jams are “jammed” full of sugar, but this strawberry chia jam highlights the natural sweetness of berries and uses a powerful superfood to help it set. Chia seeds are a great source of fiber, omega-3’s and protein…who knew jam could actually add to the nutrition of your meal! I used strawberries because they were in season, but you could use any type of berry, fresh or frozen.
Strawberry Chia Jam
- 4 cups Strawberries
- 2 ½ tbsp Maple Syrup add more or less, depending on the sweetness of your berries
- 3 ¼ tsp Vanilla Powder or Vanilla Extract
- 4 tbsp Chia Seeds
- Hull and slice the strawberries and put them in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until juicy and soft.
- Mash the strawberries with a fork or potato masher, or use an immersion blender if you prefer smooth jam.
- Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla, and adjust the sweetness as needed. Stir in the chia seeds and let cool for 5-10 minutes to allow jam to set up. Store in glass jars in the fridge or freeze once cool.