I have been learning so much about cycle syncing, and I am starting with beginning to cycle sync my food. This sweet potato breakfast sandwich is a perfect breakfast for your luteal phase when your metabolism is naturally faster and you will need more calories and bulk to keep you going. Breakfast is so important for balancing your blood sugar for the whole day. Blood sugar is a huge factor for hormone health, and this savory sweet potato breakfast sandwich will get your blood sugar day off to a great start!
Sweet Potato Breakfast Sandwich
- ½ of a small sweet potato, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- ¼ of an avocado, sliced thin
- 2 organic chicken breakfast sausages you could also use a slice of pancetta or ham
- 1 egg
- himalayan pink salt to taste
- 1 slice tomato optional
- In a medium skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium heat. Add the sliced sweet potatoes in a single layer and cook for several minutes. Flip them, and cook on the other side until tender. Remove them to a plate and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Add the breakfast sausages to one side of the skillet, and crack the egg into the other side of the skillet. Sprinkle the salt on the egg and cook to your liking.
- While the egg and sausage cook, spread the sweet potato slices on your plate and lay the avocado slices on top of them. If using the tomato, layer the tomato slice on top of the avocado.
- When the egg and sausage are done, slice the sausages in half length-wise and layer them on your sandwich, followed by the egg. Enjoy!